Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Of Glandular Fever In Adults
Highly variable: As a general rule 4-12 wks, but chronic long-term manifestations are well documented. This is ebv infectious mononucleosis. This herpes virus, like the others, sets up permanent residence in people who are infected, and can potentially produce several different malignancies, and recurrence of symptoms of mono are also reported, as is recurrence. ...Read more
Infectious Mono: Fever, sore throat, profound malaise and fatigue, enlarged lymph nodes, often in the posterior cervical chain, sometimes hepatitis and enlarged spleen with tenderness in left upper quadrant of abdomen. Also called glandular fever, kissing disease, ebv, etc. ...Read more
I've got the symptoms of glandular fever, and i'm getting worse. Doctor says antibiotics don't help?
Correct: In fact, ampicillin, if given to patients with infectious mononucleosis, can produce a rash which will leave the person labeled as "allergic to penicillin" even if they are not. Antibiotics have no effect against ebv and can produce major complications. Listen to your doctor. They sound as if they are very good and know what they are doing. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Symptoms of scarlet fever in adults
- Symptoms of viral fever in adults
- Glandular fever symptoms in adults
- What are the symptoms of scarlet fever in adults?
- Symptoms of high fever in adults
- Symptoms of glandular fever in teenagers
- Symptoms of dengue fever in adults
- Symptoms of croup in adults
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free