Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Of Double Pneumonia
What is double pneumonia and is it contagious my grandma had it and now i'm having the symptoms chills fever chest pain sore throat also have allergie?
Dbl pneumonia: Double pneumonia means that there is infection in both lungs. It is not per se contagious - acquiring pneumonia of any type is more about the health of the host than the virulence of the infecting organism (with a few exceptions). Your symptoms could be consistent with pneumonia or pleurisy and could follow a viral infection. You should be evaluated in person - you may need blood work and a cxr. ...Read more
Signs of pneumonia: A persistent cough and fever over 102 fever commonly with shaking chills and sweating (although older people may have lower-than-normal body temperature), shortness of breath, chest pain that fluctuates with breathing (pleurisy), occasional headache, muscle pain, fatigue. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pneumonia.: Symptoms include cough, chest discomfort, shortness of breath, chills and sweats (that's five, actually). Can develop quickly or can take some time, depending on the bacterium/virus involved. Signs include a measured fever and typical findings on a chest X-ray. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes, some: Some lung infections may take weeks to months to heal. Recovery can vary widely depending on someones age, degree & type of infection and other medical issues. In general each week your symptoms should be better than the last. Intense symptoms including fever & trouble breathing should not be prolonged and indicate need for immediate medical attention. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do the symptoms of walking pneumonia last?
- Symptoms of aspiration pneumonia in children
- Symptoms of walking pneumonia in teenagers
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Symptoms of bronchial pneumonia
- Signs and symptoms of pneumonia in elderly
- Symptoms of klebsiella pneumonia
- What are the signs and symptoms of walking pneumonia?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free