Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Of Chronic Cervicitis
No definite rule: Chronic cervicitis usually has noninfectious cause such as mechanical (eg trauma from surgery or from objects such as tampon, diaphragm, pessary, iud) or chemical irritation (eg douches, latex 'from condoms', vaginal creams/gels). Removing the inciting agent is usually the treatment. If it is asymptomatic and is found on biopsy or pap no treatment is necessary. Freezing (Cryotherapy) may help. ...Read more
Smear test was ok, bacteriological one too, i sill have chronic cervicitis. What could be causing it?
Cevicitis: That depends upon the cause. Many cases are due to sexually transmitted infections. Non-infectious causes can include intrauterine devices, contraceptive diaphragms, and allergic reactions to spermicides or latex condoms. Many of the std ones are due to hpv. This needs full discussion after careful assessment by your gynecologist. ...Read more
No: The two may coexist. Nabothian cysts are harmless. See this site for more info. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001514.htm. ...Read more
Results show CIN 2 related to type 16 HPV (treated with leap). Results also show acute chronic cervicitis. Doctor did not bring up. Is this a result of cin/hpv, or likely separate? Monogynous for 4yr
What does a hypertrophied, hypervascular and friable cervix indicate? Can it be chronic cervicitis?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Symptoms of chronic cholecystitis or dysfunctional gallbladders
- Symptoms of chronic appendicitis
- Causes of chronic cervicitis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Signs and symptoms of chronic gastritis
- Symptoms of chronic ischemic heart disease
- What are some symptoms of chronic inflammation in my ankles?
- What are the most common symptoms of chronic liver disease?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online