Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Of Buffalo Hump
Have had a "buffalo hump" for about at least 4 years. Don't have any other symptoms at all. Am a little overweight. Any reason for concern?
Probably not .....: .... but this unusual deposition of fat at the neck and upper back is associated with Cushing's syndrome. Named after a famous doctor from the 19th century, it occurs when there is too much circulating cortisol/cortisone in the bloodstream. The body's adrenal glands may produce too much or a person may be taking/using cortisone drugs for a prescribed treatment. You should be thoroughly tested. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can depression cause a cushings like syndrome with a buffalo hump and many other cushings symptoms?
Targeting not useful: You need to reduce your weight in general. Exercise targeted to reduce weight in a particular area is not generally successful. Depending your height and weight you need to reduce caloric intake and exercise. You should consult your doctor to exclude a hormone disorder such as adrenal disease. ...Read more
3 family members have a buffalo hump . I'm too thin but I think my neck is developing this shape from the right side only.Isit possible to develop 1?
Exam: certainly get examined for the possibility of an endocrine disorder. Cannot diagnose without a photo. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Any symptoms of anemia
- What are the symptoms of chlamydia in your mouth?
- Signs and symptoms of pregnancy while on depo-provera
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Symptoms of scar tissue after hysterectomy
- Symptoms of imperforate hymen
- Small red itchy bumps on back of neck symptoms
- Symptoms of ovarian cyst after partial hysterectomy
- How to get rid of buffalo hump fat?