Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Of Acute Lead Poisoning
usually done at 1 year routinely.gives us the level of lead the child is exposed to ..if greater than5 microgram/deciliter can cause silent ireversable brain damage if left untreatec lead is is a heavy metal can damage other body tissues lead is quite commonly seen i many everyday things surrounding ...Read more
Sometimes none: Kids don't always have symptoms. This is why we screen kids for lead. Symptoms can be vague like not growing or developing as much, irritable, lethargic, stomach pain/diarrhea/vomiting. Adults can also have vague symptoms like: fatigue, forgetful, numbness/tingling, anemia, kidney problems, digestion problems [belly pain/nausea/vomiting/diarrhea]. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Constitutional: Because children have smaller bodies, lower amounts of lead may have a greater concentration in the blood. Symptoms include loss of appetite, abdominal pain, vomiting, weight loss, constipation, anemia, kidney failure, irritability, lethargy, learning disabilities (slow to talk), and behavioral problems. Ultimately, mental retardation can be seen. ...Read more
See below: The symptoms vary by the age of the patient and the severity of lead levels. Some of the damage, particularly that to the nervous system may be permanent. For more info see this site. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/lead-poisoning/fl00068. ...Read more
Vague: The lead line is seldom seen now that oral hygiene is fairly good. Weakness and simply feeling unwell precede the classic wrist-drop and walking problems. If you have any reason to believe you have been exposed, get with your physician now for lab testing. ...Read more
Constitutional: Symptoms are really variable, but include loss of short-term memory or concentration, depression, nausea, abdominal pain, loss of coordination, and numbness and tingling (often in the limbs), fatigue, problems with sleep, headaches, stupor, slurred speech, and anemia -- but there are often other "non-specific" signs and symptoms. Blood testing is usually required. ...Read more
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Signs and symptoms of lead poisoning
- What are the symptoms of lead poisoning?
- Lead poisoning in adults symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Symptoms of lead poisoning in adults from paint
- How long does it take lead poisoning symptoms?
- Lead poisoning
- How long does it take for lead poisoning symptoms to show?
- Talk to a pediatrician online