Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Of Achilles Tendon Rupture
Direct trauma: Achilles tendon injuries are very catastrophic. Usually occurs when the foot is in a fixed plantargrade position and the tibia (shinbone) externally rotates rapidly, and the foot does not release from its flexed state. Injuries for achilles tendon ruptures also take the longest to resolve, which can be from 8-20 weeks, depending on the amount and time of damage to the tendon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Awful: A full blown true rupture leaving a depression in the tendon called a dell may require surgery. An MRI will help make that decision. A partial rupture or tear may not. The latter will need immobilization, non weight bearing, rest, elevation, ice, and meds... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: It depends on how it was treated. Conservative immobilization or surgery. ...Read more
Depends on treatment: May depend if you had surgical repair or just immobilization. 16 + weeks ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Signs and symptoms of achilles tendon rupture
- Symptoms of ra flare and your achilles tendon
- Are the symptoms of achilles tendon injuries bad?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the symptoms of a torn achilles tendon?
- Causes of ruptured achilles tendon
- Symptoms of achilles tendon problems
- Tendonitis of achilles tendon symptoms
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free