Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Of A Yeast Infection In Teenagers
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
OTC products or Rx: Yeast infection can cause vaginal itching; bacterial infection can cause vaginal discharge and odor. There are many otc products you may try first (terazol, monostat, vagisil). If those don't work, then you may need to see your fp and take a dose of oral diflucan. The most common reason for yeast infection is oral antibiotics and bowel seeding; the oral med treats both bowel & vaginal yeast. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Itching: Itching is the most common symptom of a yeast infection. It typically goes away with an antifungal like monistat or a store brand generic equivalent. Sometimes the vulva and vagina can become red and tender and painful. Discharge can be thick and cottage-cheesy, or it can be thin and white, the type and color of discharge doesn't always indicate a yeast infection, but itching and redness does. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Signs of a yeast infection in teenagers
- What is the symptoms of having yeast growth in vagina before a real infection?
- Symptoms of a yeast infection in women
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Signs and symptoms of a yeast infection in women
- Signs and symptoms of a yeast infection in the throat
- What is the symptoms of a yeast infection in women?
- Symptoms of a growth spurt in teenagers
- Talk to a pediatrician online