Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Of A Bacterial Vaginosis
Multiple: Std's or sexually transmitted diseases, are diseases transmitted through sexual contact. Examples are gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, hiv, hepatitis c, genital warts, and genital herpes. Bacterial vaginosis is a condition caused by an overabundance of anaerobic bacteria in the vagina. Symptoms can include a watery, foul or fishy smelling discharge and/or vaginal irritation. ...Read more
Irritation & odor: Bacterial vaginosis symptoms usually include vaginal irritation, sometimes itching, grey discharge and a fishy odor. It is diagnosed by a wet mount in which your provider looks at the vaginal discharge under a microscope, a dna test or a culture. It is treated with an antibiotic taken vaginally or by mouth. Douching can increase the chance of getting this infection. ...Read more
Several: Common symptoms of bacterial vaginosis include a thin discharge, which may or may not be irritating. Also a foul or fishy odor, especially after intercourse. Treatment includes either vaginal antibiotic cream or oral medication, also using boric acid suppositories (usually available by prescription and made up in a compounding pharmacy) to lower the vaginal ph. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bacterial vaginosis condition symptoms
- Bacterial vaginosis symptoms and treatment
- Bacterial vaginosis signs and symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Symptoms trichomoniasis bacterial vaginosis
- What are the core symptoms of bacterial vaginosis?
- What are rare symptoms of bacterial vaginosis?
- Is history of bacterial vaginosis a symptom of bacterial vaginosis?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free