Doctor insights on:
Symptom Of Adhd In Children
Not necessarily: Attention deficit disorder without hyperactivity can be silent for ears in a bright and curious child; the curiosity acts like a stimulant to engage attention. Later in life, with less structure, symptoms of add become apparent: e.g., disorganization, procrastination, forgetfulness, spacing off, daydreaming may be subtle but present if searched for. Adult add is real. Get it checked out. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (Adhd) (Definition)
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a bio-psycho-social disorder characterized by inattentiveness, hyperactivity, and impulsivity. ADHD typically interferes with daily functioning or mental and social development. It is usually present in childhood, continuing into adulthood, and is genetically transmitted. ...Read more
ADHD: Symptoms of hyperactivity diminsh & become more of a restlessness. In many mpulsivity decreases somewhat as the person matures & develops internal controls. Inattention & distractibility diminish less & tend to be the major issue. People can develop skills to compensate to an extent including career choices that fit their symptoms better. 2/3 continue to have symptoms in adulthood. ...Read more
ADHD: Usually, we discover the problem when the child enters school. The signs may be: non stop motion, talking too much in class, not following instruction, not focusing on tasks that require long time of attention ( although these kids may be able to focus on games for hours and hours). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
At what age is ADHD usually diagnosed? My son is four and shows a lot of the symptoms of adhd. When can doctors diagnose ADHD in children?
Are children with ADHD always hyperactive? Can a child have ADHD and not show symptoms of hyperactivity?
1) No. 2) Yes: Adhd-primarily inattentive type (ia) replaced add as a diagnosis when research showed that the underlying neurobiological & neurochemical bases were the same as for adhd-combined type, which has significant symptoms of both inattention & hyperactivity/impulsivity.Adhd-ia is the most common type but c (or h/i in preschoolers) is more commonly referred. Ia is related to academic difficulties. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I take adderalI. I have I've been diagnosed with ADHD as a child. I bought Now ADAM superior Men's multi, will it reduce symptoms or cure some symptom?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Symptom adhd
- Adhd symptom test
- Sleep aids for children with adhd
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Adhd inattentive type in children
- Pros medicating children adhd
- Adhd and aspergers in children
- Theanine for adhd in children
- Talk to a pediatrician online