Doctor insights on:
Swollen Painful Parotid Glands
Wife on antibiotics for sinus infection, 3 days. Swollen/painful parotid gland, some ear pain. Could this be related to the sinus infection?
There are major and minor salivary glands. The major glands (parotid, submandibular, and sublimgul) are paired on each side of the jaw. There are about 300 minor glands scattered about the mouth and throat. They all produce saliva which keeps the mouth moist and helps with ...Read more
I am 59 yo woman experiencing day 3 of bilateral painful, swollen parotid glands affecting all 3 major glands. I have a low grade temp. Suggestions ?
Have painful, very swollen parotid gland, wcc and virus studies normal.Ultrasound revealed whole gland swelling, no stones.Causes?
Blockage: While my colleague is correct, the reasons given are rather more rare than the simplest explanation: blockage. Calcium deposits or firm stones of calcified elements can cause the parotid gland to swell. It happens when people even look at a pickle, an start the juices flowing. Sialography or a sialogram can tell where the blockage is and how best to treat it. Rule out significant disease first. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Water: Drinking water and sucking on hard candies sometimes helps, but frequently the enlargement with sjogren's is permanent. ...Read more
Gastroentrerologist: Start with a gastroenterologist. They may also make another referral because the digestive disorder may not be related to the parotid glands. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Painful parotid glands after drinking alcohol
- Stiff neck and parotid glands swollen and headache
- Causes for painful swollen glands in back of neck
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Painful swollen gland in neck on right side
- My parotid gland is swollen what can i do to make it better
- One sided swollen parotid salivary gland
- Lyme disease with swollen parotid glands
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online