Doctor insights on:
Swollen Ankles More Causes Risk Factors
Various causes: There are very many causes, from congestive heart failure, to lymphedema, to venous insufficiency, blood clots, pregnancy, a various other causes, including serious and not-so-serious causes. The fact that you legs are the lowest part of your body, fluid have tendency to pool down there, with increased hydrostatic pressure -- sometime called dependent edema. See your doctor for evaluation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A few things: Excess dietary sodium can cause fluid retention, which can explain swelling in the foot, ankles and legs. Prolonged sitting or standing in place may cause swelling. It can also be due to other medical issues as well: congestive heart disease, htn, diabetes, uremia and many other issues.. Discuss this with your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many things: There are a number of things that can cause swelling in the foot and ankle. This is a very nonspecific symptom. I recommend that someone with swelling should be seen by orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon for a definitive diagnosis. One in your area can be found at www.Aofas.Org. ...Read more
Swollen ankles following tropic vacation and flight home. 2nd day at home they seem to be a little worse. What can cause this?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- More causes risk factors of portal hypertension symptoms
- More causes risk factors of tonsillitis
- Causes of itchy swollen ankle
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Swollen ankles and wrists causes
- What causes swollen feet and ankles they are so puffy i can indent them?
- What is the cause of swollen veins sore ankles when running?
- What causes swollen feet and ankles after binge at bar?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free