Doctor insights on:
Swelling Shoulder Bursitis
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
Surgery not likely: Bursitis refers to an inflamed or irritated bursa. Bursa are common about most joints in our body. Inflammation can result form injury or oversue. Once the underlying injury heals or the oversue is limited, the bursitis will resolve. Adjuvant treatments commonly involve nsaids, physical therapy, and local steroid injections to help potentiate your bodies innate ability to heal. ...Read more
Not associated: A bra strap does not prevent, help or make shoulder motion more difficult. The repetitive motion of the shoulder along with some collarbone spurs that protrude down into the bursa region can cause inflammation of the bursa and the pain associated with it. Inflammation of the rotator cuff tendon can also cause an irritation of the overlying bursa leading to bursitis as well. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Knee bursitis without swelling
- How to cure bursitis in shoulder?
- What to do for shoulder bursitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of shoulder bursitis
- Stretches for shoulder bursitis
- Bursitis in shoulder blade
- Bursitis in the shoulder from volleyball
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free