Doctor insights on:
Swelling After Hysterectomy
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
Hysterectomy: The first couple of days after an abdominal hysterectomy can be very painful. Skin swelling is normal since you just had an organ removed. Estimated recovery time for an abdominal hysterectomy could be 4 to 6 weeks. If it was laparsocopically, probably less time. It also depend on the patient and how she follows doctors recommendations after surgery. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Typical 3 weeks: It's typical for this to last up to 3 weeks post operatively, however I have seen patients where it can take a little longer. Not much you can do, other than light exercise like walking. It can sometimes just take awhile for body to mobilize those fluids out of your skin and tissues in order to get the fluid into your blood stream and eventually come out as urine. Good luck! ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Pelvic aching/swelling 1 yr after total hysterectomy. Just started 3 months ago. more swelling from sitting than standing. also lymphedema left leg?
Venous thrombosis: Swelling in pelvis and legs depends on the response to hysterectomy where if procedure was for tumor a pelvic node dissection was probably performed. Here there is a possibility of iliac and hypogastric vein thrombosis leading to extremity edema as well as aching from obturator and pelvic femoral nerve irritation ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long before bloating and swelling go away after a hysterectomy?
- Belly swelling after hysterectomy
- Abdominal swelling and pain after hysterectomy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Swelling after abdominal hysterectomy
- Abdominal swelling after hysterectomy surgery
- Swelling after hysterectomy surgery
- How long after your hysterectomy do you have to wait to have sex?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free