Top
10
Doctor insights on: Swallowed Foreign Object

Share
1

1
Can a toddler swallowing a foreign object cause vomiting six hours later? No proof he ate anything i just worry he put something in his mouth.

Can a toddler swallowing a foreign object cause vomiting six hours later? No proof he ate anything  i just worry he put something in his mouth.

Access to batteries?: What was it that happened 6 hours beforehand? If he is able to swallow liquids normally, i would not be too concerned about a foreign object unless he had access to a small battery that he may have swallowed. In that case he should be x rayed. Also if you suspect coin ingestion, xray to be sure it cleared esophagus.If he has persistent vomiting, of course you need to speak with his physician. ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer
2

2
When a child swallows forgien objects what noises would it make if it were stuck in the "wind pipe"?

When a child swallows forgien objects what noises would it make if it were stuck in the "wind pipe"?

Choking then...: The child can be seen to be choking while eating some thing like popcorn or nuts or after putting some small item in the mouth. This should be treated as illustrated. If there is onset of coughing with some breathing difficulty and wheezing the foreign body has been aspirated and the child should be immediately taken to the nearest emergency room. ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer
3

3
My toddler is having a bowel moment 4 times a day and struggling to do so. How do I know if he has swallowed a object and tryingto pass it?

My toddler is having a bowel moment 4 times a day and struggling to do so. How do I know if he has swallowed a object and tryingto pass it?

Probably not : If your child indeed has swallowed something and it is causing a blockage, he would most likely be in pain and having vomiting. He is probably just a little constipated so try some warm prune juice. ...Read more

5

5
I can see my epiglottis from few days and it is causing a sensation of like foreign body and t is not causing me a swallowing problem!

I can see my epiglottis from few days and it is causing a sensation of like foreign body and t is not causing me a swallowing problem!

Time to: Time to see a physician to examine you and discuss your issue. We can't either diagnose or treat you over the internet. Wouldn't that be amazing? ...Read more

6

6
Ball shaped object a tad bit smaller than a dime in the back of throat near tonsils. Can feel when swallow no pain but irritating. What could this be?

Ball shaped object a tad bit smaller than a dime in the back of throat near tonsils. Can feel when swallow no pain but irritating. What could this be?

Tonsil Stone ?: Only a guess, since this needs to be visualized. See your physician for a definitive diagnosis and treatment if necessary. ...Read more

8

8
Sore throat after swallowing sharp object?

Sore throat after swallowing sharp object?

Go to the doctor: This is the very definition of crazy. I mean that in all of the non-judgmental way possible since men often deny they have a medical problem. But it s time to get to the er for urgent medical evaluation! ...Read more

10

10
If Accidentally swallowed an object like piercing while pregnant does it cross the placenta and harm the baby? What can and can't cross the placenta?

If Accidentally swallowed an object like piercing while pregnant does it cross the placenta and harm the baby? What can and can't cross the placenta?

No it does not: cross the placenta. Only things in the blood stream can cross the placenta. And then not even blood cells cross it. So microscopic nutrients, minerals, some medications that are taken pass along with some other things too complicated for this discussion. So a piercing you swallowed does not leave your intestines, does not get in your blood stream and has no chance of passing to your baby, ...Read more