Doctor insights on:
Sushi Food Poisoning Symptoms
I ate some sushi that was left out overnight. I am afraid I might have some form of serious food poisoning. Can you tell me whether I ought to see a do?
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze. . . are all ...Read more
Sushi contamination: People can get food poisoning from any fish that isn't fresh, just like they can get it from any food left out too long. Raw fish can also carry parasites, like raw meat can. That's why we learned to cook foods, one has to presume. Just googling sushi safety brings up salmonella and botulism reports. Http://chicago. Cbslocal. Com/2011/10/27/2-investigators-is-your-sushi-safe/.
No sewage!: When you get food poisoning from raw seafood, it's usually from shellfish, such as oysters, that filter water that may be contaminated with sewage. That's not the case with fish used in sush, which swim around in the sea. However, you can sometimes get parasites, such as tapeworms, from sushi. As far as I'm concerned, it's worth the risk.
Several: A variety of sx including: fever, headache, nausea/vomiting, watery diarrhea, joint and muscle pains. More serious disease can occur if the listeria go into the blood stream, get into the central nervous system (ie brain) or when a woman is pregnant. If you're concerned about these things you should see your doctor.
It varies...: ...anywhere from a few hours to 5 days, depending on the particular bacteria that might contaminate undercooked or spoiled chicken. But there's no point in doing anything before symptoms start. Just contact your doctor if you develop vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, or fever. Most food poisoning isn't very serious, so it's safe to sit tight and wait for symptoms.See 1 more doctor answer
The transmission: Of salmonella usually occurs via consumption of contaminated foods: beef, poultry or eggs most commonly. The salmonella bacteria attach to the intestinal lining and are internalized to the intestinal wall. They then spread through the reticuloendothelial system to the liver, spleen and bone marrow. This process, leading to bacteria being found in the blood stream, takes up to 14 days.
We need more: Information to answer your question.Get a more detailed answer ›
Food poisoning. My mild symptoms started 2 hours after dinner, full blown 4 hours after. It's been 10, I'm still sick, but is grandson safe?
See Doctor: Gi symptoms present for so many days require md visit to examine and decide treatment hand washing usually prevents spreading infections to other people. Extreme care in hand washing especially preparing food for others is essential.
Who would benefit from activated charcoal pills DAILY? What kind of symptoms & disorders are reduced by taking it? Other than food poisoning etc
No indication: There is no proven benefit from taking charcoal pills. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine.See 2 more doctor answers
GI vs respiratory: Flu symptoms are usually due to damage to the upper airways and lungs, like, runny nose, fever, aches, cough, difficulty breathing. Food poisoning usually causes stomach ache, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. See this for flu symptoms. Food poisoning is much more variable. Http://www. Webmd. Com/cold-and-flu/flu-guide/flu-symptoms-types.
GI symptoms: Mostly you can get GI symptoms including nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps/pain as well as fever. Many different organisms can cause food poisoning and so there are other possible symptoms depending on the illness. Stay hydrated and if you have any worrisome symptoms, or you're not improving, see you doctor.
Hours: Range of 4 to 6 up to 12; however that is the inconvenient montezuma's revenge. Frankly, my concern is the tainting anywhere along the process. The big outbreaks make the evening news. Thank god for the cdc. Remember people do die from these outbreaks.
- Talk to a doctor online
- How many days after food poisoning can i eat sushi?
- Food poisoning symptoms
- Child food poisoning symptoms
- Symptoms of food poisoning in adults
- Symptoms of botulism food poisoning
- Campylobacter food poisoning symptoms
- Food poisoning signs and symptoms
- Symptoms to food poisoning
- How long should i wait to eat sushi after food poisoning?