Doctor insights on:
Sushi And Colitis
Ischemic colitis: At your age is extremely rare, unless you have severe arterial disease or thromboembolic condition. It is not a good idea to eat raw or undercooked foods until any GI condition is completely resolved, because these foods can contain bacteria that can cause problems in your digestive tract. Ask your doctor what you should be eating, not what you should avoid. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Colon Inflammation: Colitis is the term which refers to inflammation of the large intestine otherwise known as the colon. Colitis can have many causes such as infection, lack of blood flow (ischemic), inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis, crohn's), etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Variable: Technically, colitis is a general term for inflammation of the colon. This can include infectious as well as idiopathic such as ulcerative colitis, and crohns , and can also include ischemic and drug related causes. Colitis is non specific and making the correct diagnosis of the above will determine the proper treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many: Colitis means inflammation of the colon. This inflammation can be caused by infection, medications, autoimmune phenomena, radiation or poor blood supply. Signs and sxs of colitis include bleeding, diarrhea, abdominal pain, but one may have colitis and no symptoms. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many ways: Depends on type of colitis (infectious, inflammatory, ischemic), location of disease (rectum, left sided, entire colon), duration of disease and other meds that have been tried in the past. See a gastroenterologist or head to a tertiary center for a second opinion if you are not improving on current therapy and you have communicated this with your md. There are good therapies, assuming ibd cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between colitis disease and diverticulitis?
- Crohns disease ulcerative colitis and foul smelling stools
- Can overactive thyroid and ulcer colitis be connected together?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Alcohol and ischemic colitis
- Ischemic colitis and lupus
- What is the difference between colitis and ibs are they the same?
- Can i get colitis from eating sushi?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free