Doctor insights on:
Supplements With Taxol
Stops cell division.: In order to grow and spread, cancer cells need to divide and make copies of themselves. In order to divide and make copies of itself, the cell must prepare by organizing a kind of internal scaffolding, called microtubules. Taxol works by preventing the microtubules from functioning properly. Consequently, the cells can't divide properly and cancer growth is slowed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Supplements is also known as Vitamins and supplements. A dietary supplement, also known as food supplement or nutritional supplement, is a preparation intended to supplement the diet and provide nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, fiber, fatty acids, or amino acids, that may be missing or may not be consumed in sufficient quantities in a person's diet. Some countries define dietary supplements as foods, while ...Read more
Stops cell division: Taxol is a chemotherapeutic agent that act to arrest rapidly dividing cells such as cancer cells. As such, it can also impede certain "normal" cell division such as white blood cels. Cell counts must be monitored frequently during treatment with this agent. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not too many: Taxol is contraindicated in patients who have a history of hypersensitivity reactions to taxol or other drugs made in cremophor el (polyoxyethylated castor oil). Taxol also should not be used in patients with solid tumors who have white counts of less than 1500 cells/mm3 or in patients with aids-related kaposi’s sarcoma with baseline white counts of less than 1000 cells/mm3. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What herbal supplements can i take with lexapro?
- Why are patients with copd given oxygen supplement in low amounts of 2lmin?
- What herbal supplements should not be taken with prozac?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is my supplement with calcium magnesium zinc causing my stinky gas?
- Can an iron supplement be taken along with losartan potassium?
- Supplement interactions with adderall
- How to lower hemoglobin a1c with herbal supplements?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free