Doctor insights on:
Superior Vena Cava Syndrome
Needs clarification: Persistent left superior vena cava ... what? Blockage? Enlargement? Syndrome? If you're talking syndrome/blockage, it causes backup of fluid into the head and neck regions resulting in congestion & swelling. This would likely be the reason for the discomfort.Resolution of the blockage should eventually relieve the backed up fluid.Manual lymphatic drainage may be of some benefit. ...Read more
Had a port a cath removed due to a blood clot in the superior vena cava. Should this clot dissolve on its own ?
I have a second superior vena cava and I also have lupus and other health issues. I'm just curious if my heart annomoly has anything to do with my medical issues.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Thrombosis of inferior vena cava
- Greenfield vena cava filter
- Pregnancy vena cava
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- History of vena cava plication or ligation
- Trapeze inferior vena cava filter
- Vena cava filter side effects
- Superior mesenteric artery syndrome
- Tulip vena cava filter