Doctor insights on:
Sunglasses To Wear Over Glasses
Will wearing non-RX sunglasses have any effect at all on my vision? I already wear RX-glasses & RX-sunglasses and have 10% glaucoma. Will non-RX hurt?
No: Be sure your non RX sunglasses have good UV protection. ...Read more
Will wearing regular sunglasses harm the eyesight of someone who usually wears prescription glasses. (I've worn them for 19 years, I am 23 years old)?
What causes pressure in my eyes when i wear sunglasses, eyeglasses and contacts and what can I do about it?
Check with your doc: You were probably given a prescription for eyeglasses when you last had your eyes examined. If you can't find your prescription, you can check with your doctor's office -- there should be a copy in your chart. (another reason medical records are useful!) eyeglass stores often have a machine that measures the refraction of your current eyeglasses, and may be able to use this for sunglasses. ...Read more
Sun light is very good for one's mood. Are people wearing glasses (with UV filters) (not sunglasses) more susceptible to (mental) illness?
UV not key to mood: Those who experience low mood when days are shorter in fall & winter may benefit from a dose of bright, early morning light. However, UV light is not essential to this treatment. The bright lights sold to treat mood in this way give off no UV light. You can purchase these lights easily, e.g. on Amazon, for less than $100. Used for 30 minutes in the morning, they may raise winter mood. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it okay to wear prescription sunglasses over contacts?
- What can i use for sunglasses when i wear prescription glasses?
- Can you wear 3d glasses over normal glasses?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Sunglasses for spectacle wearers
- Turn glasses into sunglasses
- Is it medically harmful to wear sunglasses at night?
- Ready to wear reading glasses
- Sunglasses for people who wear glasses