Doctor insights on:
Sunglasses For People Who Wear Glasses
What causes pressure in my eyes when i wear sunglasses, eyeglasses and contacts and what can I do about it?
Be cautious: Applying a tinting material such as is used on car windows would be difficult due to the curvature of the lens. If you were to use a chemical to tint the glass or plastic lenses, you may damage the glasses and you wouldn't know if the chemical was safe to have near your eyes. May not be worth the risk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Will wearing regular sunglasses harm the eyesight of someone who usually wears prescription glasses. (I've worn them for 19 years, I am 23 years old)?
I am short sighted and was told to wear glasses for lectures. But i can't identify people's faces. Should i wear glasses all the time?
No: This is common in pre-teen's.Get a more detailed answer ›
No Known Assn.: Visual acuity that can be improved with glasses often relates to the shape of the eyeball which is, as far as is known, not associated with eye color. The genes which determine eye color are being worked out: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002929707000407 and may have some weak association with risk of melanoma. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
To improve vision: Eyeglasses are worn to help see better and in a few cases for cosmetic effects. It is true that myopia is increasing - investigations are under way to try to determine the cause. In this techno age, fine eyesight discrimination is more important and so people turn to eyeglasses for that help so they are seen more commonly. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Hairstyles for people who wear glasses
- 3d glasses for people who wear glasses
- Safety glasses for people who wear glasses
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Scholarships for students who wear glasses
- What can i use for sunglasses when i wear prescription glasses?
- Good fat burners for people who take blood pressure medicine
- What happens when you wear glasses for long time?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free