Doctor insights on:
Summarize What The Dietary Guidelines For Americans Recommend
Depends on age: Recommended dietary allowances (rdas) for zinc  age male female pregnancy lactation 0–6 months 2 mg* 2 mg* 7–12 months 3 mg 3 mg 1–3 years 3 mg 3 mg 4–8 years 5 mg 5 mg 9–13 years 8 mg 8 mg 14–18 years 11 mg 9 mg 12 mg 13 mg 19+ years 11 mg 8 mg 11 mg 12 mg * adequate intake (ai). ...Read more
See below: Dietary fat should be 20-35% of your overall calories, which should be around 1800-2000 or more, if you are very active. Saturated should be less than 10 percent of total calories. So about 700 calories total from fat, about 75 grams of fat per day, of which 20 grams may be saturated. Avoid all trans fats as possible. ...Read more
Yes: There is no way that one pill would meet all of your needs per day. Therefore, taking a multivitamin, omega 3s and probiotics routinely is suggested for most of the public. Some people will require other supplements according to their medical issues. All these supplements, however, should be directed by a knowledgeable health care professional. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Limit calories/ fat: Control calories: eat quality fat eat the right amount of fats, carbohydrates and protein avoid fad diets: eat a well-rounded diet instead. Eat small, frequent meals. Avoid large and heavy meals. Limit cholesterol in diet: limit iron intake: eat enough dietary fiber: whole grains are best. Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetable. Reduce salt. ...Read more
If i'm taking 50mg of zinc gluconate which is equal to 7mg of elemental zinc, is that okay? Is recommended dietary intake in elemental zinc?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the recommended caloric intake for a 240 pound person to lose weight?
- What do you recommend for eczema around the eyes?
- What is the recommended dosage for taking castor oil?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the recommended dosage for biotin supplements?
- What is the diet recommended for jaundice patients?
- What is the recommended treatment for c difficile diarrhea?
- What is the recommended dosage of calcium for bone fractures?
- What over-the-counter pain relief would you recommend for broken bones?