Doctor insights on:
Sudden Ovarian Pain Unilateral
History of ovarian cyst.Sudden sharp ovarian pain.Lasted 30 mins. Got better with heat and tylenol.Some fullness and mild pain now.Conern?Normal?
Well, a few things: Can cause pain. An ovarian cyst that expands the ovary rapidly causes discomfort. Severe pain, an emergency, is called ovarian torsion where a heavy cysts twist on the blood supply causing what we call an "acute abdomen". Lower abdominal pain is more broad. Make sure not pregnant, otherwise pain may or may not be from the ovaries. Gdluc. ...Read more
Always: If abdominal pain persists despite pain medications, you should see your GYN to assess ovarian size, presence of cysts etc. Ovarian pain can be due to the ovaries or other sites such as bowel, bladder, uterus etc. A GYN ultrasound can help identify possible suspects Best Wishes Dr M ...Read more
I was diagnosed with a left ovarian cyst in december. I have had left ovarian pain since october, now the pain is almost constant and pulling. Is it possible the cyst is still there a fairly large?
Cyst Followup: Depending on how large the cyst was when identified in december, it may warrant follow up with an ultrasound. If >5-8cm then you'd be at risk of a condition called ovarian torsion where your ovary can twist and get stuck because of the weight of a cyst. This can be a surgical emergency if the pain is persistently sharp and severe. May consider hormonal contraception for control of cyst formation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Sudden sharp stabbing pain in eye for no reason left eye what is this
- How long does pain from a ruptured ovarian cyst last?
- Sudden sharp pain in left ear
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a ovarian cyst cause pain in hips and legs?
- Sudden hip pain without injury
- Sudden sharp pain under right rib cage
- Is hip pain a symptom of ovarian cancer?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free