Doctor insights on:
Sudden Cardiac Arrest
Long list: Sudden cardiac death had several causes: Coronary disease or heart attack may cause sudden cardiac death, but also sudden death can occur in patients with cardiac abnormality of the heart muscle that can be detected on echo cardiogram and sometime undetected on cardiac echo, electrical genetic anomaly may cause sudden death ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Very rarely: Primary cardiac arrest (not related to choking, drowning, etc) is exceedingly rare in children but can happen. Structural problems in the heart that are present at birth can predispose to lethal rhythm problems. This is one of the arguments made to place aeds (automatic external defibrillators) in schools and gymnasiums. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cardiac arrest: A number of causes underlying cardiac disease like hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, arrythmogenic right heart cardiomyopathy, could be sudden clot if has a familial disposition to hypercoagulability ( Leiden factor V, Protein S or C), Wolf Parkinson White rarely , Long QT syndrome ( if given the wrong meds) , other genetic variants as well as cocaine, amphentamines,alcohol poisoning and other drugs. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How common is sudden cardiac arrest in children?
- Serious cardiac arrhythmia that can result in sudden cardiac arrest
- What causes sudden cardiac arrest in a young and previously healthy person?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Cardiac arrest
- Side effects of cardiac arrest
- Cardiac arrest myocardial infarction
- Acls cardiac arrest algorithm
- Talk to a critical care specialist online for free