Doctor insights on:
Strep B Symptoms
What is the treatment for someone who has strep B, has symptoms, and is not pregnant? What if antibiotics do not help?
Wrong strep: Group a strep is the throat pathogen we worry about.Group b strep is a normal germ of the bowel & female genital tract that can be fatal to babies. If your throat remains sore after 4 wks it is probable that strep was not the only or primary issue.Mono can present as a prolonged sore throat & often strep can be found concurrently.Followup with your dr if still ill. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
They go together: Streptococcus is divided into different groups, labelled a, b, c etc. They are further subdivided into Alpha hemolytic or beta hemolytic. The most common one that we are concerned with is group a, beta hemolytic. However we often just shorten this mouthful to strep b. If you have this you can get the usual symptoms of strep throat: fever, sore throat, white patches on your tonsils, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can group b strep cause UTI symptoms? Have had symptoms of UTI with culture positive for gbs. One doc says yes, could be the group b. Another says no.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Strep b in men symptoms
- Strep b symptoms in women
- Strep b in adults symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the symptoms of group b strep?
- Symptoms of strep b in pregnant women
- Group b strep in men symptoms
- Group b strep symptoms in adults
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free