Doctor insights on:
I've taken protonix 40 mg for couple yrs now. Will I have any withdrawal symptoms if i just stop taking them because i would like to stop.
Oral surgeon thinks tongue burn due to reflux. Am on protonix, low acid diet and sleep elevated. How do I stop the pain..no other symptoms?
Consider: Consider digestive enzymes and probioticsGet a more detailed answer ›
Taking Protonix 40mg DR forupset stomach from morphine+dilaudid. But I had h-pylori 10 yrs ago - my MD didnt know this. Should I stop protonix?
No need to stop: Your H.Pylori history shouldn't be an issue with your present course of treatment. ...Read more
Yes, but not for all: Protonix belongs to a class of antacid medication called proton-pump-inhibitor such as the famous purple pill, prilosec. Some examples: prilosec, nexium, prevacid, aciphex, dexilant, and protonix--they differ slightly, but generally have similar efficacy. One may work for one person, but not another. So, if it is not working for you, consult doc for a change. Good luck. ...Read more
As needed: It should be taken as long as needed and at the lowest dose possible. That being said patients with barrwtt's esophagus should remain on it. I would discuss with a md before using any ppi for greater than 3 months. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- After stopping duphaston when my period would comeand can a pregnancy occurs
- How soon after stopping the nuvaring can you get pregnant?
- Stopping lisinopril
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Side effects of stopping lo loestrin fe
- Is it easier to get pregnant after stopping birth control?
- How long does it take to get pregnant after stopping nuvaring?
- Stopping synthroid abruptly
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online