Doctor insights on:
1st time gout, prescribed indomethacin (25 mg 3-per day). was told to stop when symptom alleviate. When stop, the symptom back. Been 3 wks. Wht to do?
See details: How do you know it is gout? Was the joint aspirated and crystals found.? Was the joint at the base of the great toe involved? If it is gout, Indomethacin should be continued until the attack totally resolves. Then a combination of Colcrys and Allopurinol started to normalize serum uric acid. ...Read more
Taking indomethacin & colchicines for gout, 10 years. Doctor recommends allopurinol. Says once I start allopurinol, I have to stay on it for life & that I can’t stop taking it. Is this true?
Often: Often required, but dose can be tapered at intervals to determine minimal dose required. ...Read more
NO CONTRAINDICATIONS: Yes : no contraindications with this combo ...Read more
Probably OK: Drug expiration dates reflect the time of proved safety and effectiveness. In almost all cases, the drug remains potent and safe for much longer (often many years), if it hasn't been exposed to high heat for long periods (like a car's glove compartment in summer). It's always safest to use drugs before the experiation date, but most likely the expired indomethacin will work just fine. ...Read more
Various types: It is an NSAID and each NSAID has common effects like GI upset, increase in blood pressure and decrease in renal function. Indocin (indomethacin) can cause certain other symptoms more often than other nsaids. You need to discuss this with your physician and understand why it is used and what other alternatives you have. ...Read more
No problems doing so.
The question to ask is whether it's all for the same cause of pain - if it is, then what doctors sometimes do is stay with one drug and increase its dose rather than adding another.
However, if they're for two separate causes of pain - like the indomethacin is for gout inflammation and hydrocodone/Tylenol for something else - then having both sounds especially reasonable. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Safe indomethacin tylenol allopurinol
- Coming off indomethacin
- Indomethacin withdrawal symptoms
- What works faster mobic or naproxen?
- Indomethacin help with opiate withdrawal
- How long does indomethacin stay in the body?
- Is expired indomethacin safe?
- Can i take prednisone and aleve at the same time?
- Prednisone and aleve together
- Can you take dexamethasone and allopurinol at the same time?
- Can i take colchicine and naproxen together?
- Will nexium clash with colchicine when both taken daily
- Can i take colchicine and slow release voltaren tablets?
- Tylenol and indomethacin
- Indomethacin dosing in gout
- How to taper off indomethacin?
- Can i use voltaren gel after using meloxicam?
- Can i use voltaren after using meloxicam?
- Levaquin and indomethacin