Doctor insights on:
Just started taking hydroxychloroquine 2 days ago. Every time i take 400mg of it 2 hours later i will have severe episode of diarrhea, should I stop it?
Not a pain med: Many people with mild rheumatoid arthritis (RA) or lupus respond to hydroxychloroquine. It is not a pain medication. The key is to have the rheumatologist assess whether the Hydroxychloroquine is adequately controlling the RA to prevent progression as progression can lead to deformity. If the diagnosis is lupus, control needs to be measured also. ...Read more
Antimalarial: Hydroxychloroquine is in a class of drugs called antimalarials. It is used to prevent and treat acute attacks of malaria. It is also used to treat discoid or systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis in patients whose symptoms have not improved with other treatments. ...Read more
Can anyone please tell me do you gain weight taking hydroxychloroquine at 200mg a day as I am a healthy eater thank you?
HO-Q: Given at the appropriate dose 6.5mg-6mg/kg of body weight, the drug as few if any, cognitive effects. I have not seen one case similar to what you are decribing. Since you are on , most likely several meds, it may be others. Also, many patients are taking this drug for potentially serious diseases. This by itself can affect mood. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- After stopping duphaston when my period would comeand can a pregnancy occurs
- How soon after stopping the nuvaring can you get pregnant?
- Stopping lisinopril
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Side effects of stopping lo loestrin fe
- Is it easier to get pregnant after stopping birth control?
- How long does it take to get pregnant after stopping nuvaring?
- Stopping synthroid abruptly
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free