Doctor insights on:
Is stopping hydrochlorothiazide suddenly dangerous? My other blood pressure pills warn to not stop them suddenly or there could be bad side effects. Is it the same for hydrochlorothiazide?
I am dehydrated from a bad 48hr stomach bug (lots of diarrhea). Should i stop taking my hydrochlorothiazide (for hbp) for 1-2 days while i rehydrate?
Makes sense: Actually, if one has a blood pressure machine, one can check ones BP sitting and standing to help decide if the diuretic is needed. If ones BP is normal sitting and lower when one stands, then the diuretic is not needed; in that case, skipping the diuretic and rehydrating makes sense. Never hesitate to ask your physician good questions like this one. ...Read more
Hydrochlorothiazide: Hyrodchlorothiazide (H) is a diuretic which makes a patient urine more frequently. It can also cause glucose intolerance, low levels of potassium and magnesium, among others. As a result of the increased urine production, H will lower the BP of a patient. It is used to lower calcium levels in the urine of patients taking it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Diuretic: This medicine works through your kidneys to increase removal of salt and water from your blood stream. This will likely result in some increased urination for several hours. It lowers blood pressure, and may help with edema. Electrolytes, such as potassium and sodium, as well as renal function, will need to be monitored. ...Read more
HCTZ: They are the same medication.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- After stopping duphaston when my period would comeand can a pregnancy occurs
- How soon after stopping the nuvaring can you get pregnant?
- Stopping lisinopril
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Side effects of stopping lo loestrin fe
- Is it easier to get pregnant after stopping birth control?
- How long does it take to get pregnant after stopping nuvaring?
- Stopping synthroid abruptly
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free