Doctor insights on:
Can i switch back to toprol XL and stop taking losartan this weekend? I may be having interaction problems with altace
Yes : But clear it with your physician first. ...Read more
No "issues": Altace is a brand ACE inhibitor very good for treatment of hypertension, heart failure and prevention of renal failure in patients with diabetes and hypertension (as are all ACE inh). In a few patients, cough can be an annoying side effect that may force the doctor to switch to an ARB. Very few patients may have a very serious allergic reaction and then, no ACE inh can be used. ...Read more
Most common are...: ...a dry hacking cough (occurs in 5-10% of patients), less likely high potassium levels in the bloodstream, and then very rarely a serious reaction called angioedema, in which the upper airway closes up from acute swelling. This last side effect constitutes a medical emergency that should prompt immediate care in the ER. ...Read more
ACE: There is not a direct correlation with doses between different ace inhibitors. If switching from one to another, i often start at the lowest or intermediate dose of the new medication to see how someone will respond. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How soon after stopping the nuvaring can you get pregnant?
- Stopping lisinopril
- My period keeps starting and stopping
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it easier to get pregnant after stopping birth control?
- How long does it take to get pregnant after stopping nuvaring?
- Stopping synthroid abruptly
- Side effects after stopping yaz
- Talk to a cardiologist online