Doctor insights on:
Taking acyclovir for chickenpox.Day 3, developed mild hives, not sure of the cause but i stop med for a day.I continue the med agn day 4. Is it ok?
Been on acyclovir 7 yrs for hsv2-6? - have reflex and if I stop acyclovir get sick - isit withdrawal
I started to take acyclovir about 5 days ago for shingles and i'm have pain and diareah for 2 days now in my stomach. Should i stop taking this?
Medication SEs...: It is unlikely that Acyclovir is causing your symptoms. I am curious if you are taking any other medications such as Aspirin or other pain medications. I am also curious as to where your shingles are and if they are in any way in a nerve tract close to the abdomen where your stomach is. ...Read more
Varies: based on the severity of the infection: figure 7-10 days. ...Read more
How is viral meningitis treated? Does acyclovir tablets help? What can reduces the headache and stop vomiting?
Supportive care: Pain relievers can help w/headache while antiemetics can help w/vomiting. These can be prescribed by doc who diagnosed you w/viral meningitis. Acyclovir will only help if meningitis is due to herpes. Supportive is all that can be done for next several days until symptoms resolve. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
12 1/2-15 hours: The half life (time for elimination of half the drug) of acyclovir/zovirax is 2 1/2-3 hours in adults with normal kidney function. A drug is fully eliminated after 5 half lives. Therefore for Acyclovir it will be completely eliminated 12 1/2-15 hours after taking the last dose. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Acyclovir for swollen gland
- After stopping duphaston when my period would comeand can a pregnancy occurs
- How soon after stopping the nuvaring can you get pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My period keeps starting and stopping
- Side effects of stopping lo loestrin fe
- Is it easier to get pregnant after stopping birth control?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online