Doctor insights on:
Stop The Bite
Is it infected?: Without physically examining your insect bite, there is only a medical guess as to what is triggering the weeping. Is it infected? This would be the 1st concern--addressing the infection is the only solution here. If the weeping is watery clear, then perhaps this is more of an allergic-type reaction that might respond to oral antihistamines such as allegra. Call md if infected or not better soon. ...Read more
Prevention: Mosquito safety- use bed netting when sleeping. Spray the walls of the home with insecticide. Wear long pants & long sleeved shirts from dusk to dawn. Use Permethrin spray on clothing and mosquito netting. Deet agents can be used on skin. Aloe Vera & Basil are natural deterrents. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What to do:: Store aloe vera gel in refrigerator & apply to affected area. Rub basil leaf on bite. It repels mosquitoes & has anti-inflammatory effect. Consider applying calamine lotion or crushed ice or a cold pack. A 1 to 1 mix of water & baking soda is effective when applied to lesions. You can take oral medications like Benadryl or Chlorpheniramine for itching. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to stop the itching from bed bug bites?
- Why do i bite my tongue when im a sleep and the pain wakes me up?
- Should you pop the blister on a red ant bite
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to stop the bleeding after a tooth extraction?
- How can i stop having a blocked nose when i wake up in the morning?
- When is the whole teeth stop growing is it when get a set of permanent teeth
- If you stop taking naproxen sharply what effect will it have on the body
- How to stop the itch from sand fly bites?