Doctor insights on:
Stool Softeners Diarrhea
Loose stools is a symptom in which a person's stool (poop) does not hold its shape after it goes into the toilet. Instead of remaining a shaped piece of poop, the poop spreads out in the toilet bowl water. Very loose stool is called diarrhea. Loose stool can be caused by infections, certain foods or drinks, ...Read more
26 yr old. Had constip. Went semi normal after fiber and stool softener. Now diahrea. Could diet change and softeners be the cause? Scared.
Have cdiff but constipated. What can I do. I am on vancomycin and forastor. I never have diahrrea like a lot do. Should I take stool softener or what?
It is a laxative.: Stool softeners are a type of laxative. There are seven classes of laxatives: bulk forming - fiber. Osmotic- magnesium salts, peg. Stimulant - bisacodyl, castor oil, prunes, senna. Stool softeners- doss. Lubricants- mineral oil. Serotonin agonists. Chloride channel agents- lubiprostone. Usually the best treatment for constipation is a variety of agents in low dose. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it normal to not have a bowel movement for an entire day after taking 2 Immodium the night before? Should I take a stool softener just in case?
I haven't had a bm in 2 weeks because of medicine. I started taking a stool softener a few days ago. How long should it take to work? Ive taken 3
Constipation: Medication-induced constipation can be difficult to deal with. It is unlikely that a stool softener will make you pass a bowel movement. You would be better off with a laxative of some sort. You might consider trying magnesium citrate or MiraLAX on a one-time basis. Depending on what medication is causing your constipation, there might be prescription alternatives also. See your doctor. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can stool softeners give me diarrhea?
- Fast home remedies that are good for stool softening
- Is it safe to take stool softeners every day?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take a stool softener to work?
- Light colored stool after diarrhea
- What is the difference between diarrhea and loose stool?
- When should i use a laxative with a stool softener
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free