Doctor insights on:
Stool Softener Vs Laxative
Yes but: Quite a few over the counter (otc) preps contain both elements. As with most otc medications, temporary use to relieve symptoms are usually fine. Habitual or prolonged use is unwise as you maybe masking something more serious. Don't wait till it becomes a serious problem. ...Read more
Constipation: Pure fruit juices especially prunes, pears, peaches, etc are good stool softeners. Foods rich in fiber include whole grain cereals with added bran, fruits eaten with their skin, vegetables like cooked beans, lentil, etc. And tree nuts. Increased water intake will fulfill the purpose. ...Read more
It is a laxative.: Stool softeners are a type of laxative. There are seven classes of laxatives: bulk forming - fiber. Osmotic- magnesium salts, peg. Stimulant - bisacodyl, castor oil, prunes, senna. Stool softeners- doss. Lubricants- mineral oil. Serotonin agonists. Chloride channel agents- lubiprostone. Usually the best treatment for constipation is a variety of agents in low dose. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Laxatives: You can take stool softeners or laxatives if you have sinus tachycardia. ...Read more
I took a stool softener (max 3 pills/24 hours) and waited 12 hours, can I take a laxative (1-2 pills)? the stool softener didn't relieve constipation.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Stool softeners vs laxatives
- Stimulant laxative vs stool softener
- Stool softener vs laxative dulcolax
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does laxative soften stool?
- Are stool softeners laxatives?
- Is a laxative the same as a stool softener?
- Emollient laxatives stool softeners
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online