Doctor insights on:
A major surgery: Stomach stapling is a major surgery. It is associated with many potential serious complications. It can be done safely. Done by experienced surgeons it is a safe procedure but as mentioned above as with any major surgery there can be complications. ...Read more
Yes and No: Bariatric procedures have a nearly 50 year history and the modern approaches are much safer and generally effective when applied appropriately. Simple stapling tends to fail over time. A purely restrictive procedure such as lap band seems less durable overtime when compared against a restrictive and mal-absorptive procedure such as bypass. Get a complete evaluation to know your options. ...Read more
Maybe: The type of surgery that your surgeon may recommend depends on many factors. One of which is surgeon bias. Some patients may do well with a number of different surgical options. When you discuss any surgery be sure to ask about all of your options and be comfortable with the choice that you and your surgeon make together. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is stomach stapling the way to lose weight?
- Stomach stapling side effects
- Stomach stapling is also called
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Gastric band vs stomach stapling
- Lap band vs stomach stapling
- Home remedy for stomach ace
- Can stds upset your stomach?
- Talk to a bariatrician online for free