Doctor insights on:
Stomach Flu In Children Duration
You must be very: Gentle with your GI tract. Start with clear liquid like water, soda that is clear, or sports hydration drinks. Sip often to prevent dehydration.Work up to solids with bland foods like bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, gelatin, or chicken. Avoid alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, dairy & high fat foods. Rest. Some stomach virus infections have a longer duration than others. ...Read more
A few days or more: Most stomach viruses last a few days. A few such as rota virus can last a week or longer. Regardless of duration, if a stomach virus makes you dehydrated that can hurt you. And if you are vomiting green bile, or blood, or have bloody diarrhea, or severe stomach pains, you should see a doctor right away. ...Read more
Depends: Norovirus is the most common viral cause of "stomach flu" or gastroenteritis. Exposure can result in illness within 24 hours. Other causes of gastroenteritis like bacteria can take several days. Handwashing and food safety can help prevent spread of illnesses like these. Thanks for trusting HealthTap! ...Read more
How long does it take to become sick after being exposed to the stomach flu. it's been almost 4 days and I haven't caught it yet but worried ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does stomach flu last in children?
- How long does the stomach flu last in children?
- Can you get the stomach flu twice in a row?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How often can you get the stomach flu in one month?
- Rash on stomach and back in children
- How long does stomach flu last in toddlers?
- How long does stomach flu last in adults?
- Talk to a pediatrician online