Doctor insights on:
Stomach Flu Gastroenteritis Travelers Health
Fluid replacement: There is no "cure"for a viral gastroenteritis. The important thing is to keep up with fluid losses--usually staring with small volumes of fluid and increasing as tolerated. Food and fluid if diarrhea is the problem. If that does not work, IV fluids may be needed, or an anti-emetic, such as zofran. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How to stop vomitting? How long does gastroenteritis (stomach flu) last and how to keep energized and hydrated?
Depends: If its moderate nausea then oral agents like Compazine can be used. If even pills can't stay down rectal compazine. Once this calms the nausea use this as an oppurtunity to take in ice chips. Dont over do it . If you push too hard you will only throw up again and will progressively get more dehydrated. ...Read more
Flu on the road: Stomach flu. If you're on the road, i will assume you have access to a drug store at least for over-the-counter medications. For nausea, otc antihismanines like dramamine or Meclizine should help. For the diarrhea, otc immodium works very well. Otherwise, drink plenty of fluids, rest, and eat as much of a healthy diet as you can (you will recover faster). Tylenol for fever. ...Read more
If you have stomach flu (gastroenteritis) & bacterial vaginosis at the same time can it intensify nausea & other symptoms? Day 8 of stomach flu.
Can gastro/gastroenteritis/stomach flu cause a miscarriage even if i keep well hydrated? My daughter just brought home stomach flu from daycare!
Stomach flu: You can protect yourself by making sure you wash your hands with soap and water when you handle your daughter. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Stomach flu gastroenteritis digestive health
- Difference between gastroenteritis and stomach flu
- Stomach flu gastroenteritis norovirus infections
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Stomach flu gastroenteritis nausea
- Stomach flu gastroenteritis diarrhea
- Gastroenteritis stomach flu ibuprofen
- Stomach flu gastroenteritis rotavirus infection
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free