Doctor insights on:
Stillbirth Congenital Heart Defects
Depends on variables: There are a few syndromes with high frequency of specific heart defects that can have inheritance risk up to 50%. Most, however, are part of a complex inheritance pattern with around 5% risk.This 5% would include any pattern of congenital heart defect, not necessarily the same one. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Some causes: Heredity some families have more than one generation with defects. Congenital syndromes such as Down syndrome, Holt-Oram, Trisomies 13 and 18. Smoking and alcohol abuse during pregnancy have been associated with heart defects. In most instances cause of heart defect not known. ...Read more
My fiance has congenital heart defects and now I wonder what I am getting into. Will this affect his ability to work?
It depends!: It depends on which congenital heart defects he has, what surgeries have been done to repair them, and what his current cardiac status is now. I recommend having your fiance schedule an appointment with his cardiologist, so that you can ask his cardiologist these questions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is congenital heart defects a symptom of stillbirth?
- What is congenital heart defect?
- Complex congenital heart defects
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Congenital heart defect
- Congenital heart defects in adults
- Cyanotic congenital heart defect
- Symptoms of congenital heart defect
- Talk to a pediatrician online