Doctor insights on:
Stevia Side Effects
Taking into account the side effects, is it possible to use stevia as a fully sugar substitute? Or should it only be used as a complement?
Not enough research: Just yesterday, american heart association & american diabetes association published a joint scientific statement on use of non-nutritive sweeteners, including stevia. Bottomline, not enough human studies to determine good from bad. Check it out at http://circ.Ahajournals.Org/content/early/2012/07/09/cir.0b013e31825c42ee.Full.Pdf. ...Read more
Not exactly: Purevia is a brand of sweetener based on stevia, which means purevia contains stevia extract, but also contains other things. Stevia is a family of plants, so the word means different things, depending on what one is talking about. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does stevia have any side effects with ibs?
- Stevia in the raw side effects
- Stevia headaches side effects
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Side effects of truvia and stevia plant
- Side effects of stevia leaf extract
- Stevia side effects and problems
- Known side effects of stevia
- Talk to a bariatrician online for free