Doctor insights on:
Steroids Lead To Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism is also known as Underactive thyroid. Level, which can cause fatigue increased sensitivity to cold constipation dry skin unexplained weight gain puffy face hoarseness muscle weakness elevated blood cholesterol level muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods thinning hair slowed heart ...Read more
I've hypothyroid taking levo25 I have alopecia getting steroid injections but my hair falling alot daily and forms new bald patches what test should I?
I've alopecia taking levo 25 for hypothyroid got steroid injections but my hair falling out in clumps what blood test I should do what's the solutions?
Please suggest me treatment for hair loss due to use of steroids. I also have hypothyroidism and undergone splenectomy..
Hair loss: What sort of steroids did you use—anabolic or glucocorticoid? The former increase testosterone & may thus increase hair loss; the other type is used to treat hair loss. Hypothyroidism can be associated with hair loss as well. Stress of surgery might also explain hair loss. Suggest seeing an endocrinologist to check levels out & determine actual cause of hair loss & offer treatment options. ...Read more
Adrenal issues? Had neck steroid inj & felt like old self. Short lived. Went Hyper to Hypothyroid, sweating, nervous, no energy, nausea, stool dia&con
What do they mean "long term hypothyroidism can lead to death"? Just diagnosised on pills guess it's under control now. Didn't even realized i had it!
The thyroid makes thyroid hormone, the main one is t4, which is converted in other tissues to t3. An underactive thyroid makes too little thyroid hormone. You feel sluggish, bloated, constipated, cold. It is treated by taking replacement hormone levothyroxine. The thyroid also makes calcitonin, which is involved in calcium metabolism, but it is a weak hormone in ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Could tubal blockage lead to hypothyroid
- Can masturbation lead to infertility in males?
- Can excessive sex lead to an inguinal hernia in a male or female?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Treatment for poison ivy on penis is steroid cream ok to use
- Does having small testicles lead to low testosterone production?
- How long does it take for a steroid epidural to affect your body?
- Does anorexia lead to smaller penis size?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free