Doctor insights on:
Steroid Injections And Breastfeeding
Let me explain: Prednisolone is excreted in small amounts into breast milk. However, systemic effects in the infant are unlikely with doses of up to 40mg of Prednisolone or equivalent; infants should be monitored for adrenal suppression if the mothers are taking a higher dose. Most of the time the dose for injection is 40 mg. ...Read more
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
I have large nasal polyp obstructs air. Can't take steroid spray for I am breastfeeding. Feels like sinuses are clogged. No insurance can't afford ent?
I had trigger point injections this morning due to chronic shoulder problems. What are side effects if I am still breastfeeding?
Pet scan and 2 injections of thyroglobulin and i'm still breastfeeding how can I stop? My son is 19mns he doesn't need it just wants it
Weaning: It is always hard to wean a child if they are breastfeeding for comfort, but the best thing to do is explain to him in simple terms that he is a big boy now, and be consistent- do not say yes one day and no the next. Cold turkey. He will cry but he will get over it. Buy him a little present for being a big boy-. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Am breastfeeding my 6 months old baby can I have butt injection to make it look bigger?Can it affect my baby
I am getting a cortisone injection on both of my heels and i'm wondering. Is it ok to continue breastfeeding? If so, how long after?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the risks and dangers of epidural steroid injection in the back?
- Why are my arms and legs tingle after steroid injection?
- How should you prepare for epidural steroid injections for back and leg pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Breastfeeding and trigger point injections
- Epidural steroid injections and hair loss
- Heart palpitations and steroid injections
- Peeling skin on hands and feet steroid injections
- Talk to a pediatrician online