Doctor insights on:
Steel Cut Oats And Rheumatoid Arthritis
Arthritis is progressive degeneration of one or more joints. Symptoms may include joint pain, swelling, decreased motion, and stiffness. The two most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, which is associated first with articular cartilage breakdown with a component of inflammation, and rheumatoid arthritis, which is a systemic autoimmune disorder that affects joint linings first and secondarily ...Read more
Bad: Ra is an inflammotry disorder, characterized by high levels of CRP in the body. CRP does not cause the damge, but is the best surrogate marker for inflammation in the body, particularly the blood stream. Inflammation hurts the ling of blood vessels and increases the tendency to deposit cholesterol plaques. It raises clotting factors, such as fibrinogen which makes the blood more liely to clot! ...Read more
Potentially: We now know that untreated, rheumatoid arthritis has the potential to cause permanent joint damage that leads to disability. However, there are many very effective and safe treatments to prevent this. The key is to treat it early on and have a good relationship with a rheumatologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- The advantages of steel cut oats
- Steel cut oats good for you
- How to eat steel cut oats?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Eat raw steel cut oats
- Eating raw steel cut oats
- Difference between rolled oats and steel cut oats
- Do steel cut oats contain gluten?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free