Top
10
Doctor insights on: Static Electricity Shock

Share
Dr. William Walsh
1,179 doctors shared insights

Shock (Definition)

Shock is a condition in which a person cannot circulate enough blood (carrying oxygen & nutrients) to the vital organs in the body. If shock persists, various parts of the body will stop working, and the person will die. Causes of shock include injuries, excessive bleeding, heart failure, infections, chemical imbalances, ...Read more


2

2
Why do I have static electricity?

Why do I have static electricity?

It's everywhere: If you are asking why you get electric shocks when you touch certain things, it's because certain cloths and materials (silk blouses, rubber soles) will build up a static charge when they are rubbed against other material. This is the material, not you. But when you touch something that conducts electricity, the static charge which has been built up is suddenly released and you feel a shock. ...Read more

4

4
James, uk, 37, Epilepsy, anxiety, memory recall issues, muscular skeletal disorders. Queary, can static electricity cloth cause issues wi epilepsy?

James, uk, 37, Epilepsy, anxiety, memory recall issues, muscular skeletal disorders. Queary, can static electricity cloth cause issues wi epilepsy?

Not Enough Current!: Yes..if you are a flea.But to get from your skin through your skull past the cerebrospinal fluid deep into your brain would take a lot more than a little static spark.Of course then there's the topic of 'human spontaneous combustion.'but I'll leave you and Google for that.Now, static can screw-up other things,like electrical circuits, and some fine machinery,or the Hindenburg or a gas tank(BOOM!) ...Read more

9

9
Sometimes i got electric shock from any thing connect to electricity while others don't i even got it from water if I have an injury in my finger :d?

Sometimes i got electric shock from any thing connect to electricity  while others don't i even got it from water if I have an injury in my finger :d?

You're electrifying: This maybe related to your electric personality, but more likely related to your shoes. You are generating a lot of static electricity which results from rubbing differing surfaces. Try wearing sneakers with rubber soles. ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer
10

10
Do patients with cardiac defibrillators physically feel the shock? Or is it just like normal heart electricity where you feel nothing at all?

ICD: When an ICD discharges the patient feels the jolt. It is not a sensation most of the patients enjoy other than knowing it likely saved their life. ...Read more