Doctor insights on:
It's everywhere: If you are asking why you get electric shocks when you touch certain things, it's because certain cloths and materials (silk blouses, rubber soles) will build up a static charge when they are rubbed against other material. This is the material, not you. But when you touch something that conducts electricity, the static charge which has been built up is suddenly released and you feel a shock. ...Read more
For the last 2 days I have an unusual amount of static electricity built up on my arms and legs. Why?
Did the weather: Change?Dry air=more static.Get a more detailed answer ›
James, uk, 37, Epilepsy, anxiety, memory recall issues, muscular skeletal disorders. Queary, can static electricity cloth cause issues wi epilepsy?
Not Enough Current!: Yes..if you are a flea.But to get from your skin through your skull past the cerebrospinal fluid deep into your brain would take a lot more than a little static spark.Of course then there's the topic of 'human spontaneous combustion.'but I'll leave you and Google for that.Now, static can screw-up other things,like electrical circuits, and some fine machinery,or the Hindenburg or a gas tank(BOOM!) ...Read more
If someone is about to touch a pregnant womans belly but causes static electricity between belly and hand is there a harm to the baby inside?
No harm: Gently touching a pregnant women's belly (with her permission of course) will not cause harm to her developing baby. ...Read more
Static Electricity: See: http://www.electrostatics.net/articles/static_shocks.htmGet a more detailed answer ›
Questions: Not sure what you are asking. If you mean static electricity, it is causes by a dry environment allowing charges to build on a surface. Our nerves work sort of like electrical wires. The charges are created through what we call biochemistry and charged particles called ions move making charges. ...Read more
I touched a headphone when part of it fell of. and felt little electricity thing that happens when you touch the doorknob. Are these small shocks bad?
No: No, No worries! You will be fine! ...Read more
A Shocking Result: I assume you don't mean direct exposure, so i will address high powered electromagnetic field exposures. These types of exposure (by high tension power lines) could possibly pose a health risk, but there is little research to support this. In fact, low dose chronic exposures from cell phones have been under scrutiny lately by the fcc. We just don't know if such exposures contribute to illness. ...Read more
Can't watch TV: and your DVR is uselessGet a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Prevent static electricity hair
- Remove static electricity hair
- Static sound in my ear
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Static noise in ears
- Chronic static encephalopathy
- Static encephalopathy in children
- Static encephalopathy of unknown etiology
- Static electricity shock