Doctor insights on:
Starting To See Peach Fuzz From Head With Taxol
I have stage 4 tnbc before i was to start AC chemo my platelets were too low 85. Started Taxol for a week now my liver enzymes are too high 590 ?
Further eval: If platelets were low before starting, il'd worry that you have spread to the bone marrow. In that case, you would get treatment anyway, no matter what the counts, in hopes of clearing the marrow. If your liver enzymes are high, there may be liver metastases. I don't know your'e whole story, but i would strongly consider treating with something like Carboplatin and abraxane. Also check her2 again. ...Read more
60 yo male starts 39 radiation, and low does carboplatin/taxol Wed. Is this effective on well differentiated squamous cell nsclc? Otherwise healthy.
Yes: RT chemo is an effective way to treat nsclc of lung. If it persists one can consider high dose MTX wsith rescue. Otherwise checkpoint inhibitors can frequently help. If lesion responds and becomes resectable that route should then be chosen since malignant stem cells frequently flare up after chemo response. ...Read more
Stops cell division.: In order to grow and spread, cancer cells need to divide and make copies of themselves. In order to divide and make copies of itself, the cell must prepare by organizing a kind of internal scaffolding, called microtubules. Taxol works by preventing the microtubules from functioning properly. Consequently, the cells can't divide properly and cancer growth is slowed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stops cell division: Taxol is a chemotherapeutic agent that act to arrest rapidly dividing cells such as cancer cells. As such, it can also impede certain "normal" cell division such as white blood cels. Cell counts must be monitored frequently during treatment with this agent. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When does my hair start to grow back with taxol
- Endometriosis with shooting pain from belly button to vagina
- Sharp shooting pain from neck to head
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do babies turn their heads from side to side rapidly when they are sleeping?
- Hit my head pretty hard on the doorway when should i start to worry
- Is it normal to have a fever with bronchitis after antibiotics are started?
- How long does it take to see results from using whey protein creatine?
- Talk to a general surgeon online for free