Doctor insights on:
Abnormal cells: Squamous cells line the junction on the cervix between the vaginal cells and the endometrial canal cells; pap smear screen for abnormal appearances in these cells as they indicate precursors to cervical cancer. Atypical means abnormal, so atypical squamous cells mean that the cells on the cervix are abnormal, but mildly abnormal, and not abnormal enough to classify as dysplasia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Squamous: Describes the tile like architecture of cells; however, their behavior is deranged, nuclei irregualrly enlarged and do not respect boundaries. ...Read more
May be abnormal cell: It is a term used by Pathologists to imply that your cells are somewhat deranged and not entirely normal. Sometimes this means that such cells can deteriorate further and may become cancerous. So it requires close monitoring. ...Read more
What does endocervical and / or squamous metaplastic cells (endocervical component ) are present mean ?
I did a urine test after I notice of white floating stuff in my urine,
Squamous Epi Cells 21
Standard range: 0 - 17 cells/uL
Incomplete analysis: unable to determine based only on epithelial cells- no clinical meaning.-seems normal so far...what is the rest of the analysis ? ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Endocervical and squamous metaplastic cells are present
- Epithelial cells in urine normal range
- What does squamous epithelial cells in urine mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does red and white blood cells in urine mean?
- White blood cells present in urine but no bacteria
- Pus cells in babys stool
- What does a high red and white blood cell count mean?
- Squamus cell carcinoma