Doctor insights on:
Sprintec Warnings And Recalls
Lost one blue pill from sprintec 28 of my first week from my second month supply what do I do now?
Continue: With the pill pack as you can. Use added protection next couple of weeks. ...Read more
I always take my pill at 9pm. Does it make a difference that I took it at 8:49pm? Ten minutes early. Sprintec
No it will be ok:
No it will not make any difference. It really does not have to be exact time by clock
8.49 AND 9 PM are almost same time ...Read more
How effective is sprintec? Is taken at the sametime everyday. Once in while I take it like 10 min late. Been on it for a year and months.
I'm on my second week of 28-day Sprintec, but I managed to start this week backwards and have taken 3 pills this way. Should I worry? What do I do?
No, you are fine: As long as the pills are the same color, the order does not matter. You take the first pill for 21 days and the second for 7. THOSE pills you do not want to mix up. ...Read more
Sprintec has the same level of hormone throughout the entire 3 weeks of active pills (this is called monophasic), whereasTri-Sprintec has 3 different levels of hormones over the 3 weeks of active tablets (this is called triphasic). Everyone reacts differently to these types of birth control pills. Both are very effective at preventing pregnancy when taken as prescribed.
Sprintec is a low dose birth control pill. There are however lower dose birth control pills. Sprinted is safe and if you have not had any problems with it in almost 2 years I would suggest you stay on it if you need contraception.
Birth control pill are safe to take until menopause as long as you do not smoke or have any health problems. ...Read more
Tri-sprintec: It is not effective during the time frame that it is irregularly used and back up protection should be used at that time. ...Read more
Should be fine.: If you have been on your pills for awhile the risk of failure very very low. You should be protected as long as taking on a daily basis. Taking at the same time is not absolutely essential for protection but it is a good habit to get into so you won't miss any of your pills. Some women feel their bleeding control is best if they take at the same exact time every day. Should be fine. ...Read more
Why do I have a positive clear blue ovulation test while taking sprintec 12 days into my new cycle?
First blame test: While home pregnancy tests are very accurate, everything is fallible, so retest now. If you get a second positive test, call your ob/gyn, as you will need to stop birth control and get evaluated. Helps to mentally review if intercourse / sex play around mid-cycle (=ovulation) last month to determine "how worried" to be about this. Good luck! ...Read more
I'm 20yrs, been on sprintec for a year and a half. I always take it exactly at 9pm. Any chance of ovulation?
I've been on sprintec for a year and something months. I've always take it at 9pmOnce in a while I take it like 9:20.any chance of preg?
Not likely but: Birth control pills are very effective but not 100 percent. Sometimes medications like antibiotics and other medicines can interfere with them and make them ineffective. Also just being the rare exception happens. If you miss a period or having any other symptoms of pregnancy, see MD. ...Read more
I was supposed to started my new pack of sprintec pills on sunday but I took the sunday pill on saturday. Now I don't have a pill for sunday.
Take next one: Each pill in sprintec is the same except for the last 7. The only reason they line up by days of the week is to help keep you organized so you remember where you are in the pack. If you started on a different day than sunday that is perfectly fine. Just take the next pill and continue one per day. ...Read more
I'm on sprintec. I missed the 1st two pills. And was 12 hours late taking one in the second week. I've been very active with my boyfriend. Chances?
Use Plan B: If you have missed one pill you simply take two the next day. If you missed two pills in a row you should take Plan B if intercourse was within 72 hours. Continue taking your pill and use condoms until your next period. Take a pregnancy test 10 days after unprotected sex. Consider an easier birth control method like an iud for the future. ...Read more
I have been on tri sprintec for 2 years now? Recently I have not been taking them at the same time maybe an hour difference? Will that affect it?
Birth Control Pills: Taking your pills within an hour of the same time everyday will not make any difference in their effectiveness. ...Read more
Why am I feeling way moodier all the time after being on sprintec for nine months when before that I was on previfem for 3 years and out of nowhere?
I'm on sprintec for 6-7 mns. Now and I missed 1 or 2 pills. I bled when I started up again and it was lite and 10 ds. Long. Again a week late with sex?
Missed pills: Well sprintec is a generic and what I tell my patients is more than one pill missed per cycle may mean a pregnancy more likely. I would check a pregnancy test. ...Read more
Yes: Sprintec is a contraceptive pill that is considered to be a generic substitute for ortho cyclen. As such, many women have switched, mostly for financial reasons to the usually less expensive sprintec. ...Read more
1-2 weeks: It takes 1-2 weeks for birth control pills to be effective. Use condoms until then. ...Read more
1 week: Switching brands of pills should not change your cycle. Your period should be the same as usual. Just start the new brand on schedule. ...Read more
One week: I assume you mean for contraception. There are other reasons to take a birth control pill, but they work to prevent pregnancy by preventing ovulation. It takes about one week to reliably prevent ovulation or to avoid pregnancy from recent ovulation. If you want to be more sure of prevention start the pill with a menstrual cycle and it is reliable as your cycle is ending. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Flovent warnings and recalls
- How long does it take for breasts to swell when on birth control pills?
- Is it normal to have my period for more than 2 weeks while on birth control?
- What happens when you take three birth control pills at once?
- When having sex and iam about to cum water shoots out my virgaina is tht normal
- What will happen if i take multiple birth control pills?
- Been off birth control for a year now having new symptoms
- On november 6th when the time changes what do i do about the time i take my birth control pills
- Missed a few birth bontrol pills this month now im bleeding what does rhis mean
- I missed a birth control pill what should i do
- Will they give me any pain control when taking out adult long term tubes
- I nissed a few birth control pills now im spotting is that normal
- What is breakthrough bleeding while on birth control pills?
- Can missing three birth control pills in a row cause spotting?
- What pain meds for arthritis can one safely take while trying to concieve a baby?
- I had phnumonia about 5 years and my lungs have never felt the same since especially when i exercise
- Is passing small brown clots normal after missing several birth control pills?
- I have gastritis am taking rabeprazole but if i treat malaria nd typhoid it come back again and even nw am having serious back pain
- I missed 3 birth control pills and started spotting and having frequent urination
- Sore breasts this month after switching to new birth control pill type is that normal to happen