Doctor insights on:
Spotting (vaginal spotting) is a symptom in which a woman has light bleeding from the vagina between menstrual cycles. Spotting is usually very light and may be just a few drops of blood.
Call your OB doctor: Spotting (staining or bleeding) can mean different things depending on when in pregnancy it occurs. Early in pregnancy utering bleeding suggests a threatened abortion (medical term for miscarriage). Bleeding later can be caused by a placenta previa or abruption, both of which can threaten the life of mom and baby. Bleeding can also be from other sources. A woman must see an experienced OB to know. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
spotting ... Does it happen every time u wipe yourself ? I've only saw Abit ofblood on the tissue twice in 2days? Is this still classed a spotting?
Spotting: Yes, this could be spotting. If it persists, then you should report this to your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Need more info: If you are pregnant then spotting needs to be evaluated immediately. If you are not pregnant then you will need to be evaluated for infections, polyps, fibroids, hormonal imbalances etc. Many have spotting from various birth control methods. There are many things that can cause this. ...Read more
Spotting: Spotting can be for many reasons. Pregnancy is one, but infection, hormonal, psycho social, or mechanical (poly, fibroid). An episode of spotting is usually not concerning, but if this is a recurrent or worsening thing you should notify your provider. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Red spotting after ovulation
- What does brown spotting mean before your period?
- Why would i be spotting pink blood 3 days after my period?
- Spotting and cramping 2 weeks after my period ended
- Light pink spotting after period ends
- Why have i been spotting for 2 weeks?
- Can you take a pregnancy test while spotting?
- How long does spotting last after taking plan b?
- I just had my period a week ago and now im spotting