Doctor insights on:
Spots On Skin That Look Like Bruises
See Dermatologist: All skin lesions have to be seen. Describe them a little more, like shape, size, number of lesions what parts of the body are affected, your age, anything makes them worst or better, are they raised or flat, do they have blisters or pus, do they disappear in two weeks? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could low dose asa therapy cause you to bruise more easily and to develop purple spots on skin? I am also on HRT and lotrel (amlodipine and benazepril) for hypertension.
Yes: That is a common effect of low dose Aspirin due to the inhibition of blood platelets. If your hypertension is well controlled it can still happen but is more likely if not controlled. As one gets older the skin gets thinner and capillaries get more fragile and tear easier which makes these bruises appear more often. ...Read more
What could be the cause of tiny red spots on skin? They look like tiny red flat miles. Have had them for years.
Tiny red spots on skin. Kinda look like tiny cuts and maybe bleeding under the skin. What could this be?.
Petechiae?: This sounds like petechiae, which actually is small volume bleeding just under the skin. This should be examined by a provider- petechiae have several causes but can be present with platelet disorders, that can affect blood clotting. Occasionally severe infections can cause petechiae, but most people at that stage wouldn't be on healthtap- they'd be in the icu! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Dark spots on skin look like bruises
- Dark spots on skin that look like bruises
- Dark spots that look like bruises
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Bruise-like spots on the skin
- Marks on skin that look like bruises
- Red bruise like spots on skin
- Brown spots on skin look like birthmark
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free