Doctor insights on:
Spine Disc Disease
If I have have athritis in my spine and disc degeneration disease, what can I do to relieve the symptoms of either?
Exercise & NSAIDs: I wish that we could provide you with a magical cure, but presently you will have to work for your pain relief. Staying mobile is the key. Staying as active as possible will help. Specially, i would recommend that you see a physical therapist. Also try yoga, but with a knowledgable instructor, starting as a beginner. Also try pilates. The use of otc nsaids should be your 1st choice of medication. ...Read more
Wear and tear: It is not unique to have wear and tear throughout the vertebral column. Most often the degeneration is most prominent over the lower back, but can eventually be seen in the neck and mid back as time proceeds. ...Read more
What should he do about his doc. Cuttin him off his pain meds? My boyfriend has deginertive disc disease, 2 holes in his spine and a couple bulged discs and the jelly in the discs are deteriated. He needs surgery, and he can't move with out his meds, he c
I have disc disease in my spine and I have severe low back pain i can hardly walk will i end up in a wheelchiar.?
Autoimmune disease: Lupus usually does not directly effect the spine or disks. There are pains, myalgias associated with lupus. In general lupus is not a direct player in spinal joint issues. Lupus can effect the spinal cord and brain, but this is a completely different matter and generally does not cause pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have what's called cervical disc disease. I had a fusion on c5, C6 discs and it didn't fuse. I'm going back in for surgery next wednesday to redo the fusion. Is this something that can gradually go down my spine and leave me paralyzed?
No: That will not happen.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does degenerative disc disease spread to other parts of the spine?
- Degenerative disc disease in thoracic spine
- Degenerative disc disease of the thoracolumbar spine and obesity
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the treatments for degenerative disc disease arthritis of the spine?
- C spine degenerative disc disease
- Degenerative disc disease
- Which disease causes white spots on the brain and spine
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free