Doctor insights on:
Spider Bite Infection
How can you tell the difference between a mosquito or spider bite infection vs a tick bite infection?
Limited space: Though spider, tick or mosquito bites can sometimes cause infection, the vast majority of them will not. A limited local inflammatory response can be expected from any of these. Symptoms exceeding this should be examined by a physician. 'spider bites' have become a common er complaint over the last several years, when in fact most of these are skin abscesses. ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Unlikely: To have been a spider bite. Most of these (unless you have actually seen and identified the spider as a black widow or brown recluse), are community acquired infection with methicillin-resistant staph aureus (mrsa). Many of these are sensitive to Bactrim or Doxycycline or sometimes clindamycin. Dicloxacillin is unlikely to be effective. ...Read more
My wolf spider bite has puss coming out, is there another way to get the infection stuff out besides going to the doctor?
Possible: but not probable.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a spider bite cause a staph infection?
- Spider bite infection symptoms
- Difference between spider bite and staph infection
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Spider bites and staph infections
- Spider bites staph infection
- Infections from spider bites
- Best antibiotic for spider bite
- Talk to a dermatologist online